Due to continuous growth and development within the business an opportunity has arisen to join our site operations team as a Glazing Technician, reporting to the Project Management Team. Competitive salary, benefits and company vehicle provided. Working out of our Northern base in South Yorkshire.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To attend commercial properties nationally and carry out glazing installations and refurbishment projects, adhering to specific site regulations and works packages in a safe manner and to a high professional standard in line with the scope of works.
The successful applicant will need to be a proactive, competent individual who has high technical abilities, has good problem-solving skills and not be afraid to get stuck into a challenge. You will need strong collaboration and communication skills, plus the ability to work to high standards of workmanship and deliver jobs on time.
• To be competent and fully utilise the supplied technology application
• To carry out on site installations in line with agreed scope of works, Risk Assessment and Method Statements
• To competently carry out Refurbishment and replacement glazing work in a safe manner and to the required high standard of workmanship.
• To proactively identify and suggest preventative and corrective actions and initiatives
• To be able to work independently or as part of a team to meet company requirements and customer expectations
• To demonstrate a flexible and positive attitude towards getting the job done
• To deliver a high standard of customer service at all times
• To be an advocate for safe practise, including identifying hazards and control measures
• To be flexible to work outside normal shifts to meet customer requirements in relation project delivery.
• To follow customer specific site requirements
• To be a professional individual and a good ambassador for GLRE and the clients
• Complete site-specific details for Risk Assessments while on site
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & KEY SKILLS
• Experienced in all types of glazing systems with a good commercial product base knowledge, including Aluminium curtain walling, bolted glazing, structural glazing, overhead glazing canopies.
• Be qualified to work at heights on all types of mobile elevated working platforms, such as Scissor Lifts, Cherry Pickers in line with the approved certification (IPAF)
• CSCS cards and NVQ or equivalent (requirement for CRB checks on employment)
• Full driving licence
• Display good customer service skills with the ability to resolve on site issues
• Flexibility to work outside normal hours is essential
• High level of technical skill
• Planning & organising
• Health and Safety Focused
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• Customer focused
• Confidence & resilience